Geography Bibliographies (Subject Bibliography) Published in the Japanese Language
This webpage introduces search tools (subject bibliographies) chiefly in the Japanese language available mainly in the Tokyo Main Library Humanities Room to find reference resources (books, journal articles, etc.) related to geography.
To search for journal articles, please refer to Article Index of Periodicals in Japanese.
Numbers shown in brackets 【 】 indicate the NDL call number for an item.
The [Range] field indicates the range of years during which the material of interest was cataloged and material format.
- Jinbun Chiri Gakkai, ed., "Chirigaku bunken mokuroku" (Bibliographies in Japanese geographical researches) (Kokon Shoin et al. 1953-)
[Range] August 15, 1945-2006. Books, articles in books and journals
[Order] Theme > Region
[Index] Only volume 1 includes regional index and personal name index.
[Comments] Literature in geography and geography-related studies published in Japan are recorded approximately every five years. A companion CD-ROM of vol. 12 (2009) records the data of twenty years after vol. 9 (data from 1987 to 1991). Contents of vol. 9 and 10 (record data of 1987-1996) can be searched through A Bibliography of Geography in Japan (National Institute of Informatics)
- "Japanese journal of human geography" (Jinbun Chiri Gakkai bimonthly 【Z8-440】)
Number 3 of each volume (*except for some volumes before vol. 22) includes 'Gakkai tenbo', which contains reviews of the trends by field in the previous year's human geography, and introduces literature. The bibliographies introduced until 2006 were also recorded in "Chirigaku bunken mokuroku" indicated above.
[Range] January 1952-. Books, articles in books and journals
[Comments] 'Gakkai tenbo' published in 1948-2005 can be accessed through J-STAGE (Japan Science and Technology Agency) .
The list of Gakkai tenbo bibliographies in the website of the Jinbun Chiri Gakkai, shows the list of literature published in and after 2006, which were introduced in 'Gakkai tenbo' after vol. 59 (2007).
- Masao Kosaki, ed., "Saikin chirigaku bunken mokuroku dai 1 shu" (Bibliography of recent literature on geography vol.1) (Kokon Shoin 1931 【587-199】)
[Range] Meiji period-1931. Journal articles
[Order] Theme> Publication year
[Comments] By using the following material together with this material, prewar literature on geography can mostly be covered.
- Yasuo Uyama, ed., "Jinbun chiri bunken mokuroku" (Bibliography of literature on human geography) (Yasuo Uyama 1951 【290.31-U976z】)
[Range] 1923-September 1950
- "Chirigaku kankei bunken mokuroku dai 1-3 kan" (Bibliography of literature on geography vol.1-3) (Ootsuka Chiri Gakkai 1936-1938 【R290.31-O88ウ】)
Literature published between 1934-1937 are recorded.
- Akikatsu Kagami [et. al.], ed., "Chimei kankei bunken kaidai jiten" (Annotated bibliography of literature on Japanese place names) (Dohosha Shuppan 1981 【GB1-90】)
[Range] Meiji period-1979 (*journal articles are recorded until 1978). Books, journal articles
[Order] Publication year > Book, journal articles > Title
[Index] Author index, book and article title index
[Comments] For foreign geographical names, literature by Japanese authors and literature translated into Japanese are recorded.
- Izumi Hasegawa "Chizu kankei bunken mokuroku: Meiji, Taisho, Showa" (Bibliography of literature on maps: Meiji, Taisho and Showa period) (Chizu Kyokai 1971 【G61-3】)
[Range] 1872-1968. Books, articles in books and journals
[Order] Theme> Publication year
[Comments] Literature on map and related fields published in Japan are recorded.
Related Search Guides
- Subject Bibliography (List of Related Publications) Published in the Japanese Language
- Japanese History Bibliographies (Subject Bibliography) Published in the Japanese Language
- Oriental History Bibliographies (Subject Bibliography) Published in the Japanese Language
- Western History Bibliographies (Subject Bibliography) Published in the Japanese Language