Updated on March 17, 2022
Using the content on the Research Navi
Information available on the Research Navi which is provided under the domain of "rnavi.go.jp" (hereinafter referred to as "Content") may be freely used, copied, publicly transmitted, translated or otherwise modified on condition that the user complies with provisions 1) to 6) below. Commercial use of Content is also permitted.
Note: If a web page, including on the domains mentioned above, sets other terms and conditions of use, those conditions will take precedence over those defined by this policy. Please refer to examples of individual terms and conditions for use in the separate sheet.
- The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner:
(Examples of source citation)
- Source: Research Navi (https://rnavi.ndl.go.jp/en/index.html)
- Source: Long-term statistics of Japan (https://rnavi.ndl.go.jp/en/post-485394.html) (accessed on year/month/day)
- If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited, in addition to the abovementioned source citation. You cannot make edited information public in a format that may be misconstrued as having been created by the National Diet Library.
(Example of citation when using edited content)
- Created by editing Long-term statistics of Japan (Research Navi) ownership stamp of the National Diet Library (https://rnavi.ndl.go.jp/en/post-485394.html)
- Created by Company YY based on Long-term statistics of Japan (Research Navi) (https://rnavi.ndl.go.jp/en/post-485394.html)
2) No infringement of third party rights
- In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the government of Japan. Hereinafter referred to as "Third Party") may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights, etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared. When using the Content available on the Research Navi, please pay attention to its copyright, because many of them belong to third parties. There is some content for which the National Diet Library has acquired the copyright from copyright holders. If you wish to use content that might have cleared copyright, such as those in which a third party is listed as the author, please refer to "Utilizing the contents of the website of the National Diet Library" and send the request from the Reproduction Request Form.
- If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
(=>Example of an indication of Third Party rights)[See the separate sheet.]
- The user must comply with the terms and conditions of the source provider for Content obtained through API (Application Programming Interface) links to external databases, etc.
(=>Example of Content obtained through API links to external databases, etc.)[See the separate sheet.]
- Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan. Also, when you wish to use Content which has cleared copyright, please see "Utilizing the contents of the website of the National Diet Library".
- Symbol marks, logos, and character designs which represent organizations or specific businesses.
4）Governing law and jurisdiction
- The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
- The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
Separate sheet: Examples of individual terms and conditions for use
1) Example of an indication of Third Party rights
Figure 1. Search results (Source: URL)
2) Example of Content obtained through API links to external databases, etc.
(Pages which set other conditions for use)
- Digital exhibition "NDL Imagebank" (in Japanese)